Street light dealers may often receive feedback from users that the installed solar street lights are not on, or are only on for 2-3 hours every night?
Solar street light
s rely entirely on solar panels to generate electricity to maintain lighting. Some on-site construction workers do not understand the knowledge of solar street lights. As a result, solar panels cannot be charged or are charged very little, resulting in street lights not turning on or lighting for a short time. Today, Chang Hui summarized the common misunderstandings in the installation of solar street lights, hoping to help you.
1. There are too many obstructions in the installation place, resulting in a decrease in the charging efficiency of the solar panel. For example, leaves, buildings, etc. block the light and affect the absorption and utilization of light energy.
2. There is a light source for reference next to the solar panel, which causes the charging voltage of the solar panel to be above the light control voltage point, and the light cannot be turned on. Assuming that there are other street lights next to the solar street light, night falls, and the next street light turns on, causing the solar panel of the solar street light to detect the light source and mistake it for daytime. At this time, the controller will prevent it from turning on.
3. Solar panels are installed under electrical wires, tree branches, light poles or other obstructions, resulting in a shadow on the solar panels during the day.
Because solar panels generally have multiple strings, if there is a shadow on a string of solar panels and the shadow is relatively deep, if it is serious, this string is equivalent to a broken circuit, and this solar panel If there are multiple strings and one parallel, this solar panel will not generate electricity.
4. Lights are installed on both sides, and the solar panels are tilted face to face.
Sometimes installers will install solar panels symmetrically face to face for aesthetic reasons, but if one side is oriented correctly, then the other side is definitely wrong. On the wrong side, the charging efficiency will be reduced because the light cannot directly reach the solar panel.
5. There is a problem with the angle adjustment of the solar panel, which leads to the low charging efficiency of the solar panel.
The correct angle adjustment of the solar panel needs to follow a simple principle: the sun shines directly on the solar panel, so that the charging efficiency is maximized.
In different places, the tilt angle of the solar panel can refer to the local latitude, the latitude is, the solar panel is tilted horizontally, so for different latitudes and different roads, it is quite critical that the solar panel angle is adjustable .
6. Solar panels are placed indoors for charging;
Some customers will install solar lights in the parking shed to facilitate parking at night, but also install solar panels in the shed, so that the charging effect is naturally greatly reduced. In this case, we can use outdoor charging, indoor discharge, and solar energy. The board is installed separately from the lamp.
7. Freely extend the solar panel connection line;
In some locations, because the installation of solar panels has too much interference, they simply separate the solar panels and the lights a long distance, and some customers are separated by a distance of 10 meters or more, and then randomly buy two cores on the market That’s what happened when the wires were connected. Since the quality of the general wires on the market is not very good, and the distance between the wires is very long, the wire loss is large, so the charging efficiency will be reduced a lot, which will affect the lighting time.
8. On-site personnel will not use the engineering remote control correctly, and the light will not turn on due to incorrect parameter settings.
According to many on-site understandings, some construction workers have reported that they are not very clear about the function and purpose of the remote control. In fact, it is possible that the parameters have been set incorrectly at this time, resulting in abnormal lighting.